Top 10 Signs You Need an I-9 Audit.
October 3, 2011 § 5 Comments
With apologies to David Lettermen, we humbly present our Top Ten List of…
How to know you need an I-9 audit.
- You do not know how to make corrections to an I-9 Form.
- You have multiple job sites and no centralized I-9 system in place.
- Your company has recently gone through or is about to commence a merger, acquisition or reorganization.
- None of the personnel responsible for managing your I-9 compliance program has received formal training in proper completion and retention requirements.
- You are copying suspicious looking I-9 documents presented by the employee while completing the I-9 Form, but not all.
- You have received Social Security “no match” letters.
- You do not have a written I-9 policy and procedures manual.
- You know you have I-9 errors and mistakes in your existing I-9 files.
- You are thinking of converting to an electronic I-9 system.
- The HR position has recently been filled by a new person who now has responsibility of managing I-9 Forms.
Don’t worry, we are here to help you through the maze of I-9 regulations and traps. Give us a call at 603.228.1277 or email GoffWilson and let us provide you with training, a compliance program and guidance. We are your I-9 Team.